Please be advised that the opening of school will be delayed by 2 hours today. Your child should report to school between 9:45 AM and 10:00 AM. Doors will be opened at 9:45 AM for students. Breakfast will not be available today.
The Towanda Area School District would like to continue to build meaningful relationships between families and school staff. The district would like to engage the community stakeholders by coming together in order to support the students of the Towanda Area School District. The district recognizes the need for intensive social and emotional learning opportunities for all students and will continue to provide these supports. Stakeholders can provide additional support for students by active involvement in the educational process. Education is a complex process with many facets. Positive parental involvement allows for connections with the school that can have an impact in a student’s life.
* PTO meeting 3:30 PM 12/13/2017 in JAM Library
* Chorus Winter Concert 7:00 PM 12/14/2017 HS Auditorium
* Planetarium Dome Theatre 7:00 PM 12/12/2017 TAES Gym
* Elementary Holiday Concert 6:00 PM 12/20/2017 HS Auditorium
* First Grade Concert 6:00 PM 12/21/2017 HS Auditorium
* Various athletic and co-curricular activities
We are aware of rumors going around on social media last night regarding the school being unsafe. Please know that this situation has been investigated and found to be untrue. We take these situations very seriously and the safety of our school community is our top priority.