3 Mile Walking for Wellness
Towanda Area Elementary
Welcome to the “Walking for Wellness” route at the Towanda Area Elementary Building. The route is simple. I hope you like it.
- Begin at the corner by the Main office.
- Proceed down the hall toward the Library.
- Turn left at the Library and go all the way to Mrs. Jacoby’s door at the end of the 3rd Grade hall.
- Turn around and go to the first right turn. This will take you through the old courtyard area and into the older part of the building.
- Turn right and go all the way to the end of the hall, passing the cafeteria (no stopping here) and to the stairs to the 2nd floor.
- Turn right and go up the stairs turning left as you enter the 2nd floor.
- Proceed all the way to the end.
- Turn left at the intersection to the 5th Grade hallway.
- Walk down the hall to the end.
- Turn right and go down the stairs to the ground floor.
- You will turn left as you enter the 4th Grade hallway.
- Proceed down to the hall and turn right toward the cafeteria again. Have no fear I will not tempt you again…at least not yet.
- As soon as you go down the short flight of stairs you will turn left and go up the longer stairs to the 6th Grade floor again.
- Turn right as you enter the hall and proceed down to the end.
- Turn right at the end onto the 5th Grade hall and go to the end.
- Turn left and proceed down the stairs.
- Turn left as you return to the main entrance hallway.
- Turn right and go down the hall toward the Art and Music hallway.
- Turn right and walk a loop around the “Arts” hall…do not cheat, make sure you go from one end to the other.
- Turn again down the hall toward the Main office.
When you get to the corner again you have gone ¼ of a mile! Start over again and again and again….12 times around and you have 3 miles.